Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sex and the City

For all the guys who are going to be reading this...Yes, my first blog entry is going to be about the Sex and the City movie. Why shouldn't it be? I'm a female, who grew up in the city and I have lots of.....................clothes. What did you think I was going to write?!? =P

As I was standing in line for theatre number 10 in Burlington and waiting for its doors to open, I noticed that there was only two types of groups in line for this movie - 1) the group of gfs who made a pact about seeing the movie ever since it was announced on Perez Hilton.com (this group ranged from barely legal 19 yr olds to middle aged women) 2) the girlfriend who somehow managed to drag her boyfriend to see a movie about middle-aged women that have more of a sex drive than any 16 year old teenage boy.

Surprisingly, I didn't notice any gay guys. I guess it's because I watched the movie in the "Suburbs of Burlington." I really should have watched the movie inToronto. Anyways, so group #1 - the group of gfs.

As I sat in the theatre, I noticed that many of the "group of gfs" came walking up the stairs "all dressed up in cocktail dresses/evening dresses/babydoll dresses" (side note: look it up if you don't know what a "babydoll dress" is). After you do so, just imagine girl after girl in their mid-20s coming into the theatre all decked out in their baby doll dresses, clutches, and stilletto heels. I'm pretty sure they were thinking, "OMG, I look sooo POSH tonight!!!" You know what I was thinking?!?! Dressing up to attend the Sex and the City movie is EQUIVALENT to dressing up for a STAR WARS movie as CHEWBACCA or DARTH WADER and your stilletto heels and clutches are comparable to LIGHT SABERS!!!

I would never date a guy who dressed up to attend a Star Wars movie! So guys, NEVER go out with a girl who dresses up to go to a Sex in the City movie! Unless, you are one of those guys who dress up to the Star Wars movies...but group #1 girls never go for the Star Wars dude anyways, so Star Wars dudes...no need to worry!

Just to furthur expand on group #1 - when the pre-credits started, the group of middle aged women who were sitting to the left of me made this particular comment, "Anyone under 30 would not understand this movie!"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Ladies ...you live in the suburbs of Ancaster/Burlington, you are ALL baby mamas, and no offence, but none of you are even close to a size 2...more like a size 12...none of you are remotely attractive nor seem to know how to dress your body shape for that matter. You shop at SHOPPING MALLS! and probably in the discount sections of Reitmans or Suzy Sher. What disgusted me the most was that they howled at every shirtless man that appeared on the screen! These ladies were pretty much comparable to bald, fat middle-aged men who gawk and make sexual comments at young ladies at the bar. It was abosolutely repulsive!

But I would greatly recommend the Sex and the City movie to anyone and everyone. It's worth the $10 price ticket just to see who shows up that night to the theatre!


2 comments:

Alex said...

Alright, these ladies were insane at the theater. The audience members were sometimes funnier then the movie! All in all, a good night.

Sean said...

Hey. It's great that you've started this blog (i've linked it on mine). I enjoyed this first post. It's funny how people become cliches and how they can be (as you point out) essentially parodies of something that they themselves dislike. You make some interesting observations, so keep it up!