I am absolutely intrigued by Osacar Wilde! His way of life, his writings, his approach on gender identity. his advocacy for socialism and his unconventional forms of expessions! He is indeed my "new literary best friend."
I'll leave you here with some inspiring quotes from "The Importance of Being Earnest":
"I don't see anything romantic in proposing. It is very romantic to be in love. But there is nothing romantic about definite proposal. Why, one may be accepted. One usually is, I believe. Then the excitement is all over. The very essence of romance is uncertainity. If ever I get married, I'll certainly try to forget the fact"
"When one is in town one amuses oneself. When one is in the country one amuses other people. It is excessively boring"
"On the contrary, Aunt Augusta, I've now realised for the first time in my life the vital Importance of being Earnest"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment